Sunday, July 29, 2012

Tag: Five Products I Regret Buying

Haven't we all bought products that looked amazing under the wonderful fluorescent lighting of a department store only to get them home and be disappointed?  Often we get our makeup done in the store or at the very least test it on the back of our hand (otherwise known as swatching).  There are also times that we will buy products online, sight unseen because they have been so highly recommended or are the latest craze.  If I would have kept all of the products I have regretted over the past 10 years, I may have an entire steralite 3-drawer container full by now.



Here is a list of my five most regrettable cosmetic purchases.

1) Mally's Powder Foundation in Medium- I bought this in 2011 and it was not only much too dark for me, but it was quite orange.  The application sponge that it came with had a funny texture as well.  Almost like an exfoliation puff or something. 

2) Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse Foundation- This was a very hyped up item in late 2010.  It claimed to be good for dry skin and to leave the skin flawless.  I saw different people using it in various ways.  Some used the sponge it came with while other's used a MAC 187 or a similar stippling brush. I liked the texture of the product.  I have always been a fan of cream/mousse products.  However, this product always felt as if it was sliding around on my face, became splotchy, oxidized, and worst of all it broke me out.

3) Urban Decay Midnight Cowboy-I bought this shadow as a single a very long time ago and have gotten it in palettes since then as well.  I can't speak to the new formulation of this shadow as I have not yet swatched it, but I could not stand the old formulation.  Rather than being a creamy neutral with glitter, it was almost as if there was no base color at all and only in glitter. If the glitter had stuck to my lid it might not have been THAT bad, but it instantly found its way under my eyes and to my cheeks instead.  There are other Urban Decay shadows with glitter fall out, but Midnight Cowboy was the worst in my eyes because there was no color pay off what-so-ever.

4) Laura Gellar's Waterproof Mascara- I cannot remember the exact name as I have thrown out the tube, but I do recall that it came in the Baked Vanilla kit (great kit by the way) and I believe the packaging was red.  I have shorter lashes and while I love volume, I also need length.  I also have sensitive eyes.  With that said I like a mascara that is neither too wet or too dry.  This waterproof mascara by Laura Gellar was extremely wet and gloppy.  It did nothing for my lashes except for perhaps darken them and make them look wet.  I had no definition and my lashes were weighed down.

5) MAC Cream Base in Pearl- This was one of those purchases where you feel bullied into buying a product.  I was with my Seester and we were with our favorite MAC makeup artist at the time and it was a fairly new product (at least to me).  He said this would be a perfect shadow, shadow base, and help to keep glitter eye shadows on. (I think we had purchased Sumptuous Olive and another shade of green that day as well).  As we all know, it creases! I could never tell how well it worked as a shadow base because it moved around the eye and creased.  It was one of the worst products I have used on my eyes (color cosmetics wise).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is a TAG BLOG POST! You can leave your answers on your own blog, on your youtube channel, or in the comments section of this post.  I tag everyone.  The items do not have to be limited to makeup...so yes...I challenge you too Bob!

4 comments:

  1. 5 products I Regret buying lol....One by far would have to be the perfect pancake maker because that thing just sucked....infomericals are my weakness lol...Number 2: The Terminator Voice Mask...lol it was a just a stupid Wal Mart trip but that dang broke an hour later....very disappointed! And at 35 dollars I paid more for a name than anything else! A box of comics for 30 bucks...I knew I wasn't going to get anything good but my hope that I would didnt stop me...when I opened it...it was full of crap comics and I couldnt even give the damn things away. 4: A whole stack of CD-R's from Best Buy...I got home loaded one up...didnt work...second one didnt work...3-25 didnt work. Tried to take it back and was denied and I was out 40 bucks. 5: Universal Remote for tv: At a price tag of 29.99 I was sure this thing was going to be able to work on my tv...sad to say it didnt...I finally got my money back on it but alas I still had to get up to change channels

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bob those are funny! I think everyone has gotten one of those universal remotes that didn't work before btw. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dont like any of those brands either. I like only vegan makeup!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't like some of those either!
    -Jen <3
    Follow me: chiccupcake1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...