Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Share the Love: Guru Spotlight-Happy Anniversary CosmeticCouturier

I MADE THIS BANNER IN PAINT....JUST FOR YOU! Another DanielleLovesGlitter Original!  :)




CONGRATULATIONS on your TWO YEAR YouTube ANNIVERSARY Grace! (Grace is known to many as CosmeticCouturier and MsCCVlogs on Youtube.)
CosmeticCouturier

This is not your run of the mill share the love blog post.  This is spotlight on Grace's channel (CosmeticCouturier) over the past two years. Grace has a degree in fashion design and she is also a licensed cosmetologist.

I started watching Grace around Christmas of 2010...you may ask how I remember this...even if you didn't...I am going to tell you obviously! ;)  My sister had moved away few months prior to go to college and I knew she would be coming home for a few days that Christmas. I was so excited and I really wanted to spoil her.  So I started doing research on some of the most popular holiday kits at the time.  One was the Tarte Treasure Chest.  Do you remember that?  Double layers?  Mattes on one layer, shimmers on the other?  A pull out drawer with highlighter, bronzer, eye pencils and lipglosses? Well, Grace was the first person I found who did a full review on it.  I noticed that she was doing a series of reviewing several holiday collections, so I subscribed.

I had always randomly commented or liked videos when I had time to watch and then one of her videos caught my eye.  She said she was revamping her makeup collection because she had found out certain brands were not cruelty free.  Grace is a vegan and I am a vegetarian.  We both have similar views (even if they are not exact all the time) on certain things.  We don't eat meat, we don't judge those who do, and we prefer products that are cruelty free.  This was the start of a fantastic friendship.

It wasn't until earlier this year we really started conversing and I have to say that we can go from the most serious issues to the most off the wall conversations ever.  I asked her several months ago to give me beverage alerts before coming out with her often dry, witty, sarcastic and hysterical comments.

There was also a really fun time in the beginning of our friendship when she was asking her subscribers what kind of looks they wanted to see.  I said "maybe something like an abalone shell using the Urban Decay BOS IV?"  I literally think she had it done within a week or two of me asking.  Knowing Grace, she probably had it done the next day but had other uploads to get up first.  She works REALLY hard, as many YT'ers do when it comes to their videos.  This particular video got picked up by The Haul! Grace has had a few videos featured on The Haul...so check them out too!

Here is the Abalone Shell Tutorial!

Just last week, she helped me with yet another look I was struggling with as I tend to get heavy handed with the brushes when I am nervous and didn't want to look overdone for an important meeting. She also gives a great pep speech...and you can catch a little bit of her funny side shine through here.

Here is the Young Professional Work Appropriate/Interview Look!

Some of my other favorite videos are (but not limited to):

Mila Kunis: Ted Premiere Recreate

Face Makeup Routine and New Hair

Billy B Inspired Brigitte Bardot/Raquel Welch (most recent tutorial)

Drew Barrymore Makeup Tutorial

Grace has an endless list of tutorials to go through and almost every look and color combination you can imagine.  Even if you don't have the same products, she makes sure to describe colors in the kind of detail that only artists pick up on.  She also focuses more on technique so ANYONE can follow along.  You don't have to be vegan or use only cruelty free products to learn from her tutorials. I have learned a lot of new and different techniques from her and tried looks that I probably wouldn't have otherwise.

In addition to her two YouTube channels, Grace also runs CosmeticCouturier In Print which is a great blog with reviews and great swatches and photos.

I wanted to do a share the love blog for Grace because she is an amazing artist, she listens to her subscribers, she takes requests, and she works really hard to continually upgrade the quality of her videos without losing sight of her beliefs.

Finally, I recommend checking out Grace's cooking channel. As a vegetarian or vegan, it is very easy to succumb to eating side dishes or carbs. Learning to eat a balanced diet as a non-meat eater is something I have learned from that channel.  Even if you aren't a vegan or a vegetarian, she offers some really different and exciting meals.  Particularly if you like food with some spice or enjoy veggies.


I have so many friends in the beauty community who do YouTube videos and write wonderful blogs.  I love you all equally.  I do intend on doing more spotlight videos...so let me know when your anniversaries are coming up!


Once again, Happy YouTube Anniversary Grace!  I appreciate your friendship immensely and keep on doing what you do!

xoxo
Dani


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...