Saturday, July 21, 2012

Sunday Blues? Beauty Routine May Perk You Up!

Ever get the Sunday night blues while trying to face a Monday morning that is coming way too soon?  I have. In fact, several years ago I decided to dedicate Sunday afternoons and evenings to beauty and relaxing.

My typical Sunday routine includes doing errands or chores around the house in the morning so that my afternoon and evening can be free. Sunday is when I do all of my big beauty stuff to get ready for the week. Here is a sample of what I do and what products I am currently using:


I exfoliate with a salt scrub or rough textured loofah.  Deep condition my hair for 5-10 minutes with a hair mask like using either the Moroccan Oil Mask or the Enjoy Hair Mask. I also apply a generous amount of body butter immediately after drying off to get the most moisture I can.








My Sunday face routine varies each week.  Sometimes I will just use my Clarisonic (as I do every other night), the Kate Somverille ExfoliKate, a facial mask by NuSkin (one is hydrating and the other is for brightening), or I will use the NuSkin Galvonic Spa. I take a look at my skin and decide from there if I need a deeper exfoliation or perhaps just more moisture.







If I am in-between threading appointments (I have switched from waxing to threading this year) I go through and touch up my eyebrows with my trusty Tweezerman tweezers.




This is also typically the day I do my manicure and pedicure.  I know some people change their polishes quite often throughout the week.  I am lucky because for the most part my nail polish doesn't chip, it slowly wears down at the tip. I use a variety of products, so I can't give credit to that based on a singular nail product.  I do however try and keep my nails fairly short and that might be helping.

Sunday nights usually include a family dinner, so I will eat before doing my nails that way when my nails are drying I can chill out by watching T.V. or a movie.  I do not relax and get tired while reading so I save my reading for the during the week and Saturdays.

What do you guys do on Sundays to get ready for the week?  Do you do your major beauty things on Fridays to get ready for the weekend? Mid-week as a pick me up?

xoxo
Dani




2 comments:

  1. What is your favourite nail varnish?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite polishes at the moment are by Zoya. :) My favorite color from this summer has been Sooki, which I believe was in last summer's collection. It is vibrant red cream. Great staying power. I also like a lot of Orly colors that I have rediscovered in my collection.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...