Tuesday, October 9, 2012

The Navy Nail Trend--Yoga-Ta Get This Blue

I am not one to really live and die by fashion and beauty trends.  However, I do find myself following seasonal trends a bit more.  Typical seasonal trends I follow are the light and bright tones of the summer, and dark or jewel toned shades in the winter.  

Lately I have been fascinated with the navy nail trend.  Before going out and purchasing the new Zoya shade Natty that I have been eyeing, I decided to check my nail polish stash and see if I had any navy's to test out first.

OPI Yoga-Ta Get This Blue

Upon opening my "fall nail colors" drawer, I immediately found OPI's Yoga-Ta Get This Blue.  It is a dark, metallic navy.

In comparison to the brands I use most lately (Orly and Zoya), I found this particular shade from OPI to be a bit thick.  I could have probably gotten away applying only one coat, but the thickness of the formula did not allow for it to spread evenly across the nail.  However, applying a second coat took the blue sparkle out of it, making it look nearly black indoors and under office lighting.  It was only outside that you could see blue.

For the first three days my nails looked perfect.  The polish did not chip or wear down at the edges.  I type a lot, do housework, laundry....I am pretty hard on my hands.  However, on the morning of the fourth day, I was doing something at work and noticed a huge chip in my polish.  Later that day, I got another chip on a different nail that actually took a layer of my nail with it.  I left the polish on from Sunday, September 30, until  Sunday, October 7.  By the last day the wear at the tips of my fingers was very noticeable and the giant chips were still there.  

With that said, I probably wouldn't use this particular polish on my fingernails again.  However, it made for a great pedicure color!  I would like to try a navy from Zoya or Orly's line to see how they compare.

Until next time...xoxo
Dani

4 comments:

  1. I think this color looks so pretty, but no polish is worth losing a layer of nail over :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely not Lacey! I think I may try the Orly or Zoya formula. I have a ton of OPI but they don't seem to like my nails as much ;)

      Delete
  2. The color looks great but I'm kinda disappointed to know that it does not stay long. I usually prefer long lasting nail polishes since I am a busy kind of person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ana! I also prefer long lasting polishes. A lot of my girlfriends have the patience to change their polish every few days, but like you I find myself too busy or distracted with other things. I am constantly on the search for long lasting formulas. Zoya's color lock system works WONDERFULLY for me. Orly does as well...especially when I use their rubberized base coat that my friend JG sent me.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...