Friday, October 12, 2012

Weekend Makeup...because you know it is different....



Ahhhh.....the weekend is here!  How many of you bask in the glory of wearing little to no makeup on the weekends?  How many of you cannot wait to pump up your look with more color, smokier eyes, extra liner and false lashes? That is what I thought!

I know with as much as I love the ritual of putting makeup on each and every morning...taking it off at night is equally as rewarding.  Skincare is another one of my passions.  I believe that great makeup starts with good skin.

I would say on the weekends I would rather wear no makeup if possible.  However, we all have errands to run at the least.  Going out on the weekends is the time to really glam it up!

Below are some items I like to incorporate into either my minimal makeup look or glam looks for the weekends.

MINIMAL MAKEUP LOOK-This makeup look provides a fresh, dewy glow to the skin.  Adding mascara defines the eyes without looking over done or taking too much time.  The lip products below each add a subtle hint of pink, with MAC's lipsticks being the most opaque and the Rosebud Salve being the most moisturizing.

Josie Maran Tinted Moisturizer in Medium-Light to Medium coverage (my freckles still show)
Josie Maran Concealer in Medium-This just covers any darkness under the eyes and any blemishes.
Laura Gellar's Balance and Brighten in Regular (if extra coverage is needed)
Tarte's Lights Camera Lashes Mascara
Tarte's Lip Surgence in Sweet
MAC Angel or Syrup lipstick
Smith's Rosebud Salve

GLAM NIGHT OUT MAKEUP LOOK-Take this look from a night out with friends, to dinner, or dancing.

Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer
Hourglass Veil Fluid Makeup (I mix shades 1 and 2, or use shade 1.5)
Nars' Laguna Bronzer or Too Faced Chocolate Soliel to contour
A brighter or more pigmented blush such as: NARS Desire or Deep Throat, Tarte's Natural Beauty or Flush

My eye pallettes get their best workouts for night time looks. Everyone that knows me, knows I am addicted to creating looks with MAC's Club eye shadow (now I have Urban Decay's dupe called Lounge).  For those of you unfamiliar with either color...they are a duo chrome shadow (I would say they could even be "triple chrome" in some instances lol.)  They tend to pull different shades based on how it is applied, which base is used, which brushes are used.  It can be a grayish green, a brown, or a reddish brown.  I have even seen some people make it look like MAC's blue/brown pigment.

I also really like using blues, purples, silvers and blacks to create a great smokey eye.  I use a lot of liner, mascara and sometimes false lashes.  Some of my favorite pallettes for night time are:


  • Too Faced Original Smokey Pallette (a gift from my friend beautiful April) or Too Faced New Smokey Pallette (A gift from my beautiful friend Meems).  Both know me well :)
  • TheBalm Shady Lady Volumes 1 and 2.
  • Lorac's new Pro Pallette (with their deep chocolates, eggplants, slates and blacks)
  • Tarte's True Blood Pallette (this definitely did not get enough love and I think people were not familiar with the application product of Tarte's eye shadows at the time. More on Tarte shadows in another blog.)
My favorite liners to wear at night are all by Urban Decay and include: Zero, Perversion, Binge, Graffiti, Ransom, Stash, Rockstar, and 1999.


For lips, I go lighter as not to compete with my smokey eyes.  I am really enjoying all of my Tarte Lip Surgence's and cannot wait to get their new holiday collection.  Some of my favorite shades are Sweet, Adored, Perky, and Dazzled.  I also love wearing MAC's Blankety, Angel, Cream Cup, Viva Glam 5 & 6, Viva Glam Gaga 1 and Viva Glam Gaga 2.  Once in awhile, I don't mind wearing Myth with the right lip prep, liner and gloss.

Finally...if you are planning a long night out...make sure to finish off your makeup look with Urban Decay's All Nighter setting spray.  It is literally a miracle product!

xoxo
Dani

5 comments:

  1. I love using my Sugar Pill HeartBreaker palette on the weekends. the colors are so fun =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really need to try some Sugar Pill and Lit Glitters. Grace has told me sooooo much about both. I think they would be so much fun!

      Delete
  2. I haven't tried any Lit Glitters, yet. I don't feel like I've graduated to glitter yet, lol. Sugar Pill is amazing, though. I'll have to do a blog post on the palette I have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to try that white, size 2 glitter that Grace used in her Mrs. White tutorial. It was gorgeous.

      Delete
  3. I will surely follow these tips and see how I look. I wish it will look good on me even though I am not a good make up artist.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...