Saturday, September 22, 2012

Tag-This or That!


I was tagged by the sweet Lacey from LaceySmiles84.blogspot.com to answer these questions.  I love blog tags, so here it goes!

Blush or Bronzer?

I am a blush fiend.  I never was until I met my friend Heidi (Jalapena2007) but she turned me on to some great blushes and my collection has grown to somewhere around 20 blushes.  Crazy, I know!  With that said, I rely on bronzers to warm up my complexion and contour.  If I had to choose one, I would choose blush or bronzer that could double as both.

Lipgloss or Lipstick?

I am definitely a lipstick girl.  I don’t like the sticky texture of gloss, however, I do love the look of fuller and pouty lips.  I tend to layer a luster or frost lipstick in the center of my bottom lips, or use a lipsurgence that has a lot of shine for those occasions.

Matte or Sparkle Eye Shadow?

I love both, but if I could only pick one, I would say matte.  Mattes can look very natural.  With the new Lorac Pro Pallette, there are a myriad of matte looks you can create.  However, I do like mixing eyeshadows with a sheen with mattes most days.

Gel, Liquid, Cream, or Pencil Eyeliner?

Hands down, pencil are my preferred method of lining my eyes.  This is because they are quick to apply, the formulas I use are long wearing with little to NO smudging, and since I mostly stick to Urban Decay…I have a vast array off colors at my disposal.  I am really hoping to get the Ocho set from Urban Decay this fall.

Foundation or Concealer?

I see this as a loaded question lol.  My first response would be both.  My second answer would be Hourglass Tinted Moisturizer or Josie Maran Tinted Moisturizer with a bit of concealing.

Liquid or Powder Foundation?

Liquid foundation, hands down.  I have dry skin and while I may use Laura Gellar’s Balance N’Brighten, I still much prefer the moisturized and luminous finish of my liquid foundations and tinted moisturizers.

Neutral or Statement Eyes?

Both have a time and a place.  I think neutral eyes are best for work environments (perhaps with a pop of color using eyeliner on casual Fridays.)  However, when going out, I prefer a statement eye.  Whether that statement be used with bold shadow work, fun liners, or a lot of lashes…I think it is important to play with your looks and have fun.  Especially while we are young.

Pressed or Loose Eye Shadows?

I do like both, but for my purposes and schedule, I would say that pressed shadows are better suited to me.  There are so many wonderful brands of loose shadows I would like to try.  However, when I am getting ready in the morning, I am afraid of tipping something over and making a mess.  I have a ton of Bare Essentials shadows that I adore the shades of that get no love, simply because I don’t have time to be careful with the jars.  There are also a lot of Pumpkin & Poppy and Glamourdoll Eyes shades I would love to try since their colors are so unique and inspired.

Waterproof or Non-Waterproof Mascara

While I should probably use waterproof mascara at least on my bottom lashes, I tend to steer clear of those mascaras as I have personally found that they tend to make my lashes brittle and eventually make them break off.  I don’t particularly subscribe to the “bottom mascara” trend that is currently all the rage, but if there were a cruelty free brand of “bottom lash mascara,” I would try it.

Brushes, Sponges or Fingers?

Brushes! Brushes! Brushes!  There are very few products I would apply with my fingers for sanitary purposes.  I would say that I really only use my fingers to apply eye shadow primers and facial moisturizers.  I never use sponges; however, I would not mind trying a beauty blender or a version of a beauty blender if I had a foundation that they would work with.

Powder, Cream, or Liquid Highlighter?

I went through a highlighter phase where I loved them all.  I have found there are good powder, crème and liquid highlighters.  For pressed highlighters I tend to like Lorac Perfectly Lit highlighters.  I really enjoyed the Josie Maran Illuminator that Heidi sent me a sample of.  The Josie Maran is thinner than a cream but thicker than the liquid I will discuss.  The cream highlighter on my wish-list is called Lies by Illamasqua.  Tanya Burr has used it several times and I just love the way it looks on her skin.  Finally, I like the look of Benefit’s High Beam highlighter.  If you know of a cruelty free version of a liquid highlighter that works really well, leave it in the comments below!

Now this is a tag.  You can blog it or vlog it.

I tag:

Jalapena2007-Heidi
ImaCraftyNurse-Cindy
ThisisRachael-Rachael
CosmeticCouturier-Grace
LetitiaLaura-Lela

Plus, I tag anyone else who would like to do it!  Leave your post or vlog link in the comments below!

xoxo,
Dani

3 comments:

  1. I know you really like Mac's club shadow and light blues, so I just sent you Urban Decays Lounge and Strip. Hope you like them.

    JT

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://starshine1991.blogspot.com/2012/09/tag-this-or-that.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...