Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Beauty Rush-5 Minute Makeup

Have you ever had one of those mornings where you need to look polished but still get out of the door quickly?  Ever stressed about how to achieve the "polished" look with a very small amount of time?  I have.  So I came up with a go-to 5 minute simple makeup look.

Step 1: Prep and Prime.  I put on my 100% Pure Caffeine Coffee Bean Eye Cream, followed by my NuSkin moisturizer.  While the moisturizer is soaking into the skin, I move on to some other task. I then apply the Laura Gellar Spackle in Champagne (which immediately provides some luminosity to the skin).  This primer makes all the difference when you are just going to wear a tinted moisturizer or something like Balance N' Brighten.

Step 2: The face.  I first apply the Josie Maran, Tinted Moisturizer in Medium using my finger tips.  Then I spot conceal using the Josie Maran concealer in the shade Medium. (Under eyes, to cover blemishes, or any other discoloration.) Rather than taking the time to contour and apply blush, I will either use my favorite bronzer or a dusty rose blush (like Exposed by Tarte) and sweep it lightly across the cheekbones.  This creates a subtle contour and warms up the face at the same time.

Step 3:  The eyes have it.  The best way to open your eyes is curling your lashes.  I use my Shu Umera lash curler and curl the lashes on each eye for approximately 30 seconds while my Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden is drying.  Then I take the original Naked pallette and my E35 tapered blending brush from Sigma and dust Naked all over my mobile lid and into the crease.  I clean off the E35 on a towel and take a tiny amount of Virgin on the tip of my brush and starting at the arch of my brow, I sweep the lighter color outwards.  Taking a bit more of Virgin, I apply the color to the inner corners of my eye.  Then I apply 2 coats of Tarte's Lights, Camera, Lashes.

Step 4:  For lips, I usually keep it very subdued.  I either use my Rosebud Salve or Blankety by MAC. If I want more color I will take a brighter color, usually Frisky or True Blood by Tarte.

Now I am polished, put together and ready to leave!  I hope the next time you are in a rush, you remember this simple look and get out the door in time.

xoxo,

Dani

1 comment:

  1. http://starshine1991.blogspot.com/2012/09/tag-this-or-that.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...