Wednesday, December 7, 2011

My Christmas WISH list - A Girl Can Dream

So as I make this Christmas wish list, I realize I have more than enough.  I think of all of the people in the world who don't have nearly enough to survive.  I would gladly give to them what I have and do my best to get them more.




However, I was tagged by my online friends to do a Christmas Wish List blog, and I was also asked by real life friends and family members to do a Christmas Wish List blog.  Please note, I have a running Sephora wish list I can send you at any time under a secret name...leave me a comment if you need that name (mom) HAHA. JK


To start with, I have to say that I started this year with the intention of moving out of my three train cases and into two steralite container bins I purchased.  One small one and one on wheels as well as one of those darn QVC spinners.  Needless to say, I now I have ALL OF THOSE FILLED, including the train cases.  Not to mention, when my sister came to visit me, I broke one of the wheels off the steralite container so it now sits lopsided as I struggle to remove the remaining three wheels. I have decided that I seriously need to convert my freezing cold garage into a makeup room--half kidding--it is far too cold in there.


1 of 3 train cases
1 of 2 Steralite




Spinner




However, I have been thinking of different options for storage.  The steralite isn't working out very well, and a Clear Cube won't hold my makeup because of my more bulky pallets from brands such as Tarte and Too Faced. (Both brands I love, but the packaging is on the bulkier side).  


I also realized it may be easier to have an actual vanity or makeshift vanity in my bedroom, rather than hauling a basket of makeup to my bathroom each day to get ready along with a brush roll or container. *Side note: This sure is a long intro to a Christmas wish list isn't it?* So, I think I may have come up with a temporary solution, but PLEASE feel free to leave comments with your suggested solutions.


Christmas Wish List (ha!)

  1. Either a vintage dresser with drawers ranging from shallow to deep, or the Alex Drawer Unit from Ikea (See Image Below). Another option is the drawers with a small table top and an antique or antique looking stool that can be used as a make shift vanity. *Only until I can get the giant princess style one from Pottery Barn Teens--kidding! Kinda...*
Alex Drawers from Ikea

















Old School Vanity




2.  Should I have some sort of storage and vanity in my bedroom (I have very large furniture that I love too  much to get rid of) I would then need a mirror.  What mirror you ask?  Well of course I would want a Vanity Girl Broadway Mirror and Vanity Girl Vanity table if that is an option for that matter :).  However, I would settle for that same "Day to Night" tri-fold mirror I bought my sister before she left for college.  I mean this is a "Dream Christmas List" right?


Day to Night Tri-Fold















Vanity Girl Broadway Mirror



Well, those were some dreamy items.  Lets start back at one since this is a more realistic Christmas List :)
  1. Slippers!  My feet are as frozen as Fred Flinstone's when he had blocks of ice.  I really like these from http://www.beachfeet.com.  They have memory foam and just look comfy and warm for cool nights by the beach. 




2. My eyebrow lady is pregnant and last time she was pregnant I was getting my eyebrows done at Ulta and it was awful.  The wax broke me out and they did my brows way too thin and often times they were lopsided. After watching Sam Shuerman's videos, I am confident I can do my own waxing and my cousin's if she will let me.  Therefore, I thought this would be an awesome little gift.  However, I want a wax that is really good for sensitive skin.  My estitician won't give up the brand she uses but it looks like thin green puddy.

Entire Waxing Kit
3. I thought this Josie Maran kit was pretty sweet looking.  In truth, I am mostly after the Josie Maran Illuminizer (I finished the sample Heidi sent me) and a new bottle of the Josie Maran Aragan Oil (I finished that too).  There are also some other products such as her cheek stick, lip gloss, mascara and shadow wand thingy to try.

Jose Maran Kit at Sephora
4.If I were to get the aforementioned vanity station, and only then....I would love to place this mirrored box on that vanity (the Starlit Collection).  Tarte is one of my favorite brands and I think the bottom drawer is one of my favorites.  I love the bronzer, limited edition Tarte blushes, and I have always wanted the Tarte Rose Shimmer Powder.


Tarte Starlit Pallet
5. The Naked 2 pallet by Urban Decay

6. The Too Faced Matte Pallet would finish my collection of Too Faced Pallets

7. A Snuggie or those footie pajamas for lounging

8. A few more of the thick turbo twisties for my hair

9. A good winter perfume that doesn't change scents on me or have orchid in it (I am very allergic)

10. Movie tickets are always good!

11. One of the Kindles that you can watch Netflix on, play apps, or read books.  I love to read, but I hate the clutter of books so I am about to sell off my collection or box it up for now.

12. Some warm clothes

13.  Wild Card gift

14. Socks

15. More than 1 day with my Seester!

2 comments:

  1. I need to use your list! I love it!! Please Santa bring this to me too. Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might let you wax me if you take lessons from Camaille first! HEHE

    XOXO
    Katie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...