Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Updates:Tarte Holiday Sets

Tarte is having a 30% off same but many items are selling or have sold out.  Check and see if you can still grab any of their holiday kits.  You really can't go wrong with Tarte!




It is no secret that I have been converted to a Tartlette.  I love many brands, but I feel as if at this moment, Tarte is taking over my collection.  There are many reasons for this, including: they are all natural "good for you ingredients", they are relatively free of harsh chemical ingredients, they wear well and most of all they feel good while looking good.

When the holiday sets of the Smolder Eye Pencils and Lip Surgences were released, I knew I had to have them. I love the chubby crayon liners for creating a smokey liner.  The Lip Surgence crayons appealed to me because I had two that I liked a lot.  They feel like a lip balm with color and help keep my lips moisturized.  Recently QVC had a special that included 6 of Tarte's Waterproof color wands.

The Lip Surgence,  Lip Service Kit has pencils come in 5 shades. I will say that while I like this set quite a bit, I was disappointed that the color descriptions were a bit off.  I thought there would be more pink shades, when in truth there is a nude/beige pink, a baby pink, a berry, a light red, and a very orange based coral. I would say there are two cool shades, two warmer toned shades, and one neutral shade.

Neutral Shade: Glintzy is the nudish/beige pink color with slight sparkle
Cool Shade 1: Perky is a light pink tint with sheen
Cool Shade 2: Flashy is a brighter pink berry color with some sparkle
Warm Shade 1: Swanky is a light red tint with sheen
Warm Shade 2: Dazzled is a light red color with a lot of shimmer

This set costs a mere $29, when one Lip Surgence crayon retails for $24.  To my knowledge these are also limited edition shades. You can still get this set at tarte.com, qvc.com, and Sephora.

Lip Service Set


The SmolderEyes Set contains limited edition jumbo eye crayons that can be used either as liner or shadow.  On the end of the pencil is a rubbery sponge that easily blends out the product. A free pencil sharpener is also included with this set. I love all of these colors, but I think the Smoke would be my favorite for a quick, easy out the door look.

From Left to Right the Colors are:

Golden Beige: A very sparkly peach champagne with some glitter
Moss: A shimmery/metallic natural green
Violet: An electric purple that is slightly metallic
Expresso: The most neutral color, a basic brown with a slight sheen
Silver Black: Comes off as a light black or dark charcoal with silver micro glitter
Smoke: A gunmetal shade that leans to the bluer side of gray than to the blackish side

This set retails for about $39 and can also be found on tarte.com, qvc.com and Sephora.  I do not know if these are limited shades, but I have not seen these particular colors any where else.  I do have Fig and Charcoal from Tarte kits.
SmolderEyes Set

Finally, we come to my absolute favorite holiday kit by Tarte which is sold exclusively at qvc.com.  This is a limited edition set of Waterproof Color Wands. I believe this set also retails at $39. I received a bronze "shade stick" or wand in a discovery package and I loved the staying power on my lids as well as the ease of blend-ability.  When I saw this kit and the colors in it, I knew I had to have it.  It is a great set of neutrals. These can be worn as shadows or liners.  There is about 30 seconds of blending time and then these are set and don't budge.

The colors included are from left to right: 

Champagne: A beautiful, true champagne color that is great for the inner corners & highlight
Moss A neutral green with gold shimmer (not glitter)
Charcoal: a gray that can be blended into a one step smokey eye that is wearable for anyone
Taupe: This is a darker taupe with a bit more brown than purple or gray 
Bronze: A true bronze, and the same as in the Sephora discovery kit
Plum: a muted purple that would be great paired with the violet liner from the Smoldereyes kit.


Eye Candy Wand Set
  
I highly encourage you fans of Tarte to try one of these products at the very least. I also think beginners and anyone who likes "easy breezy makeup" would like these kits.  I think the most exclusive is the Eye Candy set as it is only sold on QVC.  However I also  recommend the Smoldereyes.  The Lip Service Set  may not have been what I expected based on descriptions but I still got 5 full size gorgeous colors (better than in the Tarte kits) for the price of 1 basically.

These would be great holiday gifts and you could split them up and give people one eye pencil and one lip surgence.  If you are feeling really generous you can throw in a coordinating Eye Candy Wand as well.

2 comments:

  1. i am a new fashion blogger from indonesia living in singapore :) i really like your blog. i will really appreciate & it will be an honor to have u as my blog member (blog follower)

    and of course i will folback!:D also, u can mention me anytime on twitter @tiodang if you want me to check out your latest post & leave a comment ^^ ,please list me on twitter, so i will know u're my follower!! ;)

    i've just recommend your post to google!u can check it! that's what u got if you keep in touch with my blog too!! hope u will do the same ^^
    (u can add me on facebook and contact me at : cheeringwinda@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the honesty and in depth review. I do love the Tart sets and will be buying a bunch for presents.

    Eric Z.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...