Saturday, November 20, 2010

Buff Puffs? Are we back in the 80's?

The other day, I did what I do most Sundays.  I tweeze my eyebrows outdoors.  Don't try this at home kids...particularly with a magnifiying mirror.  You realize the true size of your pores, fine lines and any skin imperfections. 

I tried to calculate in my head what I spent on skin care alone this year, yet my lines seem deeper and my skin just isn't as smooth as it was when I could afford bi-weekly facials and other treatments.

So I thought back to when my skin looked the best.  There were actually two seperate times.  For the sake of this blog post I will talk about my teen years.  I never once had acne until I stared using Mac Studio Fix in my 20's.  I thought about what I used as a teen.  Lancome and other department store foundations and a Buff Puff with Phisoderm (which I do not think they make anymore, but it was similar to Cetaphil) and Neutrogena sunscreen.

Granted we all have great skin when we are young, even if some of us do have acne.  However, I was watching a video by @theglamfairy from Jerseylicious on youtube.com and she said she would use an Oil of Olay cleanser (It is the one that fights blemishes and wrinnkles), a buff puff or the apricot scrub.  I know I am too sensitive to use the apricot scrub more than once a week and I want a fresh glow for the holidays, so I opted for the Buff Puff.

Since I cannot afford a clarisonic at this time, I thought this was a great alternative.  I use Philosophy's purity made simple with my buff puff and a fairly light hand to buff my face, neck and declote each night for the past 4 nights, and I already see a huge difference.  More so than with my $400 NuSkin machine (which isn't meant for exfoliation), but my skin does glow much more.  I think I will continue with this every day for one more week and then go to 3 times a week and NuSkin twice a week. 

I encourage you all to try a Buff Puff.  They are between 4 and 6 dollars.  I would start with the sensitive ones.  I hear Sally's Beauty Supply may have an off brand that is not only cheaper but less rough as well.  Don't press too hard, and lightly buff away the skin cells making your skin look older than you feel. :)

I will do a seperate review on my NuSkin Galvanic Spa another day.  It is a great machine and greatly overpriced.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...