Tuesday, March 26, 2013

How to Add Color to a Simple Eye Look Quickly

As we begin to approach the warmer months of spring and summer, we all tend to like to add a quick dash of color to our makeup looks.  I have found a quick and rather simple way of doing this.  One word...eyeliner.

I am the girl who buys the sets of Urban Decay eyeliner whenever they come out.  I like having an array of colors just to give quick pops of color to my eye looks.  I do the same when Tarte comes out with any liner sets.  In particular, I like the Tarte Smolder Eyes pencils and the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On pencils.

In previous blog posts I have told you how much I love to run the Urban Decay pencil in Deviant along my lower lash line during the summer or anytime I feel like my eyes look tired and need to be brightened up a bit.  I still stand by that liner.  It is quick, simple, and gives a major effect with minor work.

Today I did a look anyone can achieve.  If you do not have the same exact pencils or even the shadows, similar colors will still work.

Here are the products I used on my eyes:

  • Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden
  • Urban Decay Naked Pallette (Virgin, Naked, and Buck)
  • Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On pencils in Flipside and Junkie
  • Tarte Smolder Eyes (chubby pencil) in Violet
  • Maybelline Mega Plush waterproof mascara 

After applying my primer, I took a Sigma shader brush (E55) and applied Naked all over the mobile lid .  Then I took a fluffy brush, also by Sigma  (E40), and bring Naked into the crease and blend it out as a transition color.  I then take my all time favorite brush (my Smashbox domed crease brush that JG sent me years ago) and take Buck only into the deep socket, using windshield wiper motions.  I then take a Sigma short shader brush and apply Virgin just under my brow bone and in the inner corners of my eyes.  Finally, I take that same fluffy brush with a small amount of Naked on it and use it to blend out any harsh lines.

Now that the eye shadow is done you can choose 2-3 eyeliners (one for the top lash line, one for the bottom lash line, and one for the waterline if you choose.)  I chose the Tarte Smolder Eyes for my top lash line.  It gave a ton of definition to the lash line and a slight bit of purple coloring to bring out the green in my hazel eyes.  Then I took Flipside and ran it across my waterline. I applied Junkie underneath my lower lashes and smudged it out using a very small smudge brush from Tarte.

Now for the lashes.  I love this part!  I curled them with my Shu Uemera lash curler and gave each eye two coats of the Maybelline Mega Plush Mascara.  I used the same mascara on my bottom lashes.  It did not run or smudge all day!

I wish I had taken a picture before I took my makeup off, but I hadn't planned on blogging about it.  I will however recreate the look and post it soon.  I love pairing any shades of purple and greens.  This combination of plum and teal came out perfectly!

Until next time....

xoxo
Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...