Sunday, October 3, 2010

Shopping your own makeup collection

In these hard times, I think many of us sometimes may turn to shopping as an escape from our problems or concerns.  I know that personally, if I am upset, for some reason I buy makeup and it instantly makes me feel better.

What I have been doing lately to try and save money is shopping my own makeup collection.  Let me explain how I do this.  I love watching youtube beauty tutorials (I have several favorite "gurus" I will discuss later).  I also enjoy looking through magazines and various beauty books and trying to recreate looks.

Instead of going out to buy a pallet that people are using on youtube or makeup described in a book, I study the colors and look through my collection and find something comparable (or "dupes").  This has helped me save a lot of money in searching for some of the popular fall shades of eye makeup.

If for whatever reason you do not have many colors, there are a lot of options out there that are good and inexpensive options.  For example, CoastalScents.com has a pallet of 88 shadows for only $25.00.  One item I plan on purchasing from the company is their blush pallet which has 10 blushes for only $15.00.  I may be off a few cents on each of the prices, but those are the general prices.  There are a ton of pallets and I encourage you to look.  This is a very inexpensive way to get good, quality shadows in a variety of shades without breaking the bank.

Also, If you are looking for makeup brushes and particularly if you know you already like MAC brushes, you should check out the sets of Sigma brushes.  These are available on Sigmabeauty.com or by clicking on the banner to your right.  For a approximately the same price of 3 MAC face brushes, you can get an entire set of 15 face, eye and lip brushes in a brush roll.  Does it get better than that?  I don't think so. :)  I am a bargain hunter though.

I also recommend shopping at Sephora for any high end makeup you want/need because you earn points towards free gifts.  I am embarrassed to say that this year I have earned several free gifts. :)  However, I am not unhappy about it in the least. haha.

Let me know which looks you are liking or wanting to try, which colors you are interested in for fall and I will try and create some tutorials for you personally!

Don't forget to subscribe to my new blog!

xoxo
Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...